Tuesday, December 13, 2011

There are times...

... when everything falls in the right place, and there are times when they just don't. I have a few unfinished projects to prove the latter. Finishing the embellishment of my globe ornament went just fine, I was quite happy with the result, but the mounting didn't go as I have imagined. It can be saved, I have figured out a way to do that and even started finishing it up, but by then I got so frustrated that I needed a quick, rewarding project to lift my spirit a bit.


So I put the ornament away, not too far, just on the corner of my table (it will only take one or two more hours to get it done, just not today) and pulled out my box with silk ribbons and a piece of silk dupioni - got to love both of them - to make this cute little pendant:



I do feel a whole lot better already. Silk is just as good as chocolate :) Maybe even better. But, definitely, at least just as good!



11 comments:

Marjolein said...

Lovely roses!

Elisabeth Arruda said...

Olá!
Lindo adorno!!1
Abraços, Elisabeth Arruda

Barbi said...

Ó, Mánya! Ez gyönyörű! :D

Bernadett said...

Gyonyoru.:)

Mosaic Magpie said...

You did exactly the right thing. When things do not go as we like and it becomes a struggle I have found that putting the project to the side for another time is the best to do. Somehow when I pick it up again I have better success and patience.
I love the pendant, I have never seen those metal backings before. The silk ribbon work is, as always true of your work, beautiful!
Deb

SaraCreations said...

very beautiful!

Tündérlátta said...

Csodaszép finom alkotás!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Your pendant is devine!! The stitching is perfection.

Tatkis said...

So beautiful and charming!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Cheryl said...

Your work is exquisite. I love your SRE!

Kata said...

Csodaszép!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...