Friday, December 9, 2011

Progress on Christmas tree ornament

The globe ornament is the one I chose to start embellishing first.


I found some small pieces of this pretty, slightly silverish lace and thought they would make a nice addition to the globe. I made the seam treatments with pink and green Kreinik fine braid no.4 and a few beads, then played a little on the lace with 7mm hand dyed silk ribbon.


There are still a few additions I want to make, a bit more green, a few more beads and a small motif on the burgundy patch, maybe tonight if I am still apt for stitching when all gets quiet :)


I hope you are all having a beautiful day!

8 comments:

Nouli said...

It's very interesting to see how a plain piece of fabrics becomes a piece of art!

Marjolein said...

Sigh!, So pretty!

Suztats said...

How pretty! And just think how many people would have tossed those fabric pieces in the garbage, but you are creating something useful, and pretty, instead.

Mosaic Magpie said...

I so love the size and the colors, truly lovely. Will you add padding or will it be mounted on a similar shaped board?
Deb

Oldprincess said...

Hola!!!
sus trabajos me parecen hermosos, de muy buen gusto, la felicito, desde ahora visitaré su blog mas seguido.
Un fuerte a brazo desde Colombia

Eszter/SubRosa said...

Gyönyörűek a munkáid! Csak ámulok és bámulok! Rendkívül egyedi, kellemes színösszeállítású mind,nagyon-nagyon aprólékosan kidolgozva.

Susan said...

It may have turned into more project than expected, but it's so beautiful and definitely worth it! What a great idea! How large is it?

Lonci (Győr) said...

Very good idea, and I make for Christmas 2012! Thanks for sharing with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...