Thursday, December 8, 2011

Piecing again

This morning I walked into my studio strongly determined to clean it up after my last project - ok, projectS - and start rearranging my flosses and threads by color. I even ventured into thinking that I might have time to do the same with my beads too. Maybe even have a cup of tea in the meantime... After all, I did have 4 and a half hour's time to do all of that.

So I started gathering the bits and pieces of fabric laying on and around my cutting table, going through my scrap bin, wondering which ones were big enough to keep in the bin and which were small enough to throw away without feeling sorry for them... Pinks and purples from my latest RR blocks and from my very first finished crazy quilted piece, blues and greens from some phone pouches, burgundy from the little Christmas stocking, whites and creams from the ring bearer's pillows... The next thing I know is that I was piecing those tiny bits into ornaments. Ha! There went my organizing and my strong determination... 
But I did have just enough time and so much fun (no tea, though) to piece these six ornaments, about 10 cm high, little reminders of all my crazy quilting projects this year.








The flosses and beads will have to wait some more to be reorganized, now I have urgent embellishing to do :)

I hope you are all having a great time!


5 comments:

Lee Albrecht said...

Hoje aqui em Campinas ... feriado...então posso acompanhar cada momento do seu trabalho...
essas peças irão ficar lindas... não vejo a hora de vê-las pronta.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Wow I thought I was the only one who gets sidetracked!! But what a way to go. Beauitful job!!
Happy Christmas

Kata said...

Csodaszép díszek :)

Mosaic Magpie said...

You know it would really help if I read these posts in order. These will be beautiful! I love the heart. Each so very special. Will the oval shaped pieces end up being a ball?
Deb

Susan said...

You sound like me! Silk Dupioni is so great to work with, and the colors just call out to be touched and put into something. I love all these, and the heart is gorgeous! I'm enjoying seeing your cq. It's one of my favorite things to do, though this last year, I haven't done as much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...