When I woke up this past Sunday morning I knew it was finally TIME. No more waiting. Although this will mean serious, and I mean very serious catching up work later on, I put everything else aside and began letting the flutter out of my head.
I started by printing the background image both on paper and on fabric, then sketching the design on the paper print. The lettering was also "drawn" by hand. I guess I could have printed that too, but I feel that even though less than perfect, it is more personal the way I wrote it.
After stitching the lettering I drew my butterflies, three in number and all three pink :) Traced the wings on cotton fabric and couched the wires... Yes, sweet little stumpwork butterflies! (that is what I am hoping for)
This is my very first attempt to both wired stumpwork elements and long&short stitch, and although the first set of wings didn't turn out identical, at the end of the day I am happy with the result. Considering...
Two more butterflies to go and a teeny tiny bit of silk ribbon embroidery on the background... See you all when I get there.
Wishing everyone a beautiful week!